Human Resource Training
Manufacturing Systems Management (already running, so there should be a link. Information is given below)
Manufacturing Strategy: Formulation and Implementation (not yet running, so no link)
Manufacturing Operations Supply Chain Management (not yet running, so no link)
Manufacturing Systems Management
The Manufacturing Systems course is a 2-day, highly practical and interactive course, targeted at managing manufacturing systems for improved systems performance. The course has been developed in response to the growing demand for skilled professionals to implement positive change across production operations.
The course is designed for general manufacturing operations, but teaching is highly focused on the participants actual work environment, so that participants will have the opportunity to begin to add value to their manufacturing systems right from day one.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn and discuss the various techniques and procedures used in the analysis and design of their manufacturing operations. They will learn the fundamentals of manufacturing systems, become familiar with basic tools used to analyse system performance and therefore appreciate the link between the manufacturing operations and the business imperatives.
FUNDAMENTALS OF MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS AND FACTORY OPERATIONS
Aim: To appreciate the importance of the manufacturing system within the organization
- Define a manufacturing system and its main components
- Understand the link between Manufacturing and Company Strategy
- Know the main objectives of the manufacturing operation
- Explain performance measures in manufacturing systems
- Describe the different types of Manufacturing systems
PRINCIPLES OF FACTORY PHYSICS AND SIMULATION MODELING
Aim: To become familiar with common tools used to analyse system performance
- Introduce key performance measures for manufacturing systems
- Describe main analytical equations used in calculating factory performance
- Compare actual performance with best case and worst case scenario
- Introduce simulation modeling tools
PROCESS AND ACTIVITY MAPPING OF THE MANUFACTURING SYSTEM
Aim: To become familiar with data gathering methods and process mapping techniques to identify key processes and non-value adding activities
- Understand the key symbols used in process flow charts
- Understand key steps in building a process flow chart
- Appreciate the data collection methods/tools used to gather information that guide the charting of process flows
- Identify key principles in mapping processes and activities.
- Appreciate the importance of identifying key processes within a manufacturing operation.
- Highlight the inter-relatedness of processes across functions and departments